Franziska Loos is a Berlin-based graphic designer, working mainly for artists, cultural institutions, and publishing houses. Her emphasis is on graphic design, editorial design, typography, and illustration. Franziska is available for freelance design work as well as artistic collaborations. Feel free to get in touch.
She studied Visual Communication (M.A.) focusing on Graphic Design, supervised by Prof. Fons Hickmann) at Berlin University of the Arts and at University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg.
In addition to client work, her personal design and research work revolves around understanding the human being in its diversity. She loves to create ’scratchy‘ graphics full of bleak humor, that confound the brain and unsettle the soul.
A detailed CV and a PDF portfolio are available upon request.
Awards & Grants
- 100 Beste Plakate (Finalist 2017)
- Macau Art Graduates Award – Y Show (Winner 2017)
- Mut zur Wut – International Poster Competition (Finalist 2017)
- TDC Communication Design Competition New York (Certificate of Typographic Excellence 2016)
- European Design Award (Silver 2016)
- ADC Nail (Bronze 2016)
- German Design Award (Nominee 2015, 2016)
- Mut zur Wut – International Poster Competition (Finalist 2016)
- 100 Beste Plakate (Finalist 2015)
- Weltformat Poster Competition (Nominee 2011, 2015)
- Designpreis der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Nominee 2014)
- :output award (Nominee 2014)
- Joseph Binder Award (Nominee 2014)
- Art Award Sparkasse Nürnberg 2013
- Die Schönsten deutschen Bücher, Stiftung Buchkunst (Shortlist 2013)
- ADC Workshop Interfacedesign, 2016
- Letterpress Workshop run by Erik Spiekermann, 2016
- Workshop with Ludovic Balland, 2014
- Workshop with Manuel Bürger, 2014
- After School Club 3 (Poster Workshop with Felix Pfäffli), 2014
- After School Club 2 (Graphic Design Workshop with Studio Node), 2013